How to Cancel a Federal Motor Carrier Number

Established in 2000 by the Department of Transportation, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is an organization whose goal is to reduce the number of vehicle-related fatalities and injuries in the U.S. Its members, over-the-road trucking companies, transportation services and other carrier services, are issued a unique number Federal Motor Carrier Number that recognizes them as being a part of the FMCSA. If you decide to no longer be a part of the FMCSA, you can cancel your Federal Motor Carrier Number by contacting the organization.



Call (866) 637-0635 — the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration customer service number.

Speak to a FMCSA clerk and request a Form OCE-46, Request for Revocation of Registration.

Give the clerk your name, address and Federal Motor Carrier Number. He will process your request and mail you the form.

Complete the form and have it notarized.

Mail the form to FMCSA, Commercial Enforcement Division at 1200 New Jersey Ave, SE, W63-105, Washington, D.C. 20590.