Clear Abandonment From a Dac Report

A DAC (“Drive-A-Check”) report is a combination driving and employment record for truck drivers. This report shows how many tickets and accidents you have, how well you performed in the past, who you’ve worked for, and if you’ve ever abandoned a truck. This last can be a particular problem, since it’s a serious black mark against you and against your performance. It is possible to clear or change an abandonment, but you will often need legal assistance to do so.
Review your DAC report to see what is and isn’t on it. If you don’t have a reported abandonment, then there’s no reason to go any further because there’s nothing for you to remove.
Contact the company that claims you abandoned a truck. If you did not abandon a truck then ask the company to review the records and to change the entry. If there is a contention, then attempt to negotiate the label of an abandoned truck being changed due to circumstances. As an extreme example, if the truck was hijacked then you didn’t have much choice about leaving it. If there’s a cause for the abandonment to be changed, attempt to get it changed. If necessary, hire a legal representative to fight the company in court to change this.
Contact HireRight, the company that manages the DAC reports, and inform them of the change made to your record from the employer in question. Once the original incident has been changed with your former employer, you need to be sure that it’s also changed on the DAC report. Once again, legal representation is always helpful to have on your side.
Continue working. If you did in fact abandon a truck and there is no way around the fact, then you can’t get it removed from your record. However, the DAC report only goes back approximately 10 years. Additionally, when a company goes out of business, their information is supposed to be removed from the DAC report.